Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Everyday Essentials

Packing for Savannah this past weekend, I only brought the essentials for my beauty regimen.  Today I thought I'd let you see what products I use everyday.  As I've mentioned before, I'm a bit of a beauty product junkie.  I'm always in the market to try new things but the things I use everyday I've chosen after many years of testing and am completely loyal to some of these products.


Lately I'm completely addicted to Estée Lauder's DayWear BB Creme.  It's basically a tinted moisturizer but BB cremes contain high SPFs and anti-oxidants to help make your skin look flawless.  You can apply it to your face to act as primer under your makeup or wear it alone.  Most days all I wear is this.  If I'm going somewhere nice or am retouching for the evening I'll put my foundation, Yves Saint Laurent Teint Raidance in No. 4, on over it.  My next step is to apply my YSL concealer.  (I might be slightly addicted to YSL products...) While everyone raves about YSL's Touche Éclat (and it's true, it really is amazing), a brightening concealer pen that I use under my eyes when I'm finishing putting on my makeup (or as a touch up throughout the day), my favorite concealer is in the square gold tube.  It's the YSL Anti-Cernes concealer and I swear by it.  If I was stranded on a desert island and had this with me, I'd feel much better about life and could relax.  It covers everything without ever looking cakey or heavy.  It's perfection.  The next step in my foundation application is to use my Chanel eye shadow base.  The color is skin-tone but it has a little bit of shimmer to it.  I don't like to wear a lot of eye make up during the day, so it gives me the look of having on some eye shadow without having to actually apply any.  It also keeps eye shadow from getting into my creases when I do decided to do my eye makeup. 

My next step is to apply YSL bronzer with my Clinique powder brush before applying blush.  Right now I'm currently using NARS blush in Mata Hari.  It's a very bright pink but when I have a summer tan it goes on nicely.  But I have to be careful to just use a small bit because it's very pigmented.  

For my eyes I'm using a new Chanel eye brow pencil in Noir Cendré.  I'm obsessed with filling in my eye brows.  My mom has been trying to get me to do this for years and now that I've started I don't feel like I look the same without filling in the little gaps.  It totally makes all the difference.  Finally, I line my eyes using a Bobbi Brown eyeliner brush that I've had forever with YSL Eyeliner Effect Faux Cils in Noir Profond.  It's a gel cream that is extremely long wear and never smudges, but it takes a very steady hand to apply.  If I even make the line a little too thick and try to smudge it off, I usually end up messing it up and having to take everything off and start over.  I finish everything up by using my Shu Uemura eyelash curler and a few heavy coats of Estée Lauder Sumptuous Extreme mascara in Extreme Black.  I'll have to do an entire post on mascara, because I'm quite addicted... 

The final touch of is Chanel lipgloss.  Everything is placed in a makeup bag that I got from Henri Bendel's.  I love Bendel's and anything in their signature brown and white stripes can find a home with me.  This bag is the perfect thing to store all my makeup and more and keep everything clean and organized when traveling.  

No comments:

Post a Comment