Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Lighten Up

As a self-proclaimed beauty junkie, I've tried a lot of foundations from various brands throughout the years.  But in the past few years I've been using formulas from Yves Saint Laurent, namely because I was finding other brands to be too yellow on my skin.  So as a lover of all YSL products that help me to create a flawless base (teint radiance foundation, anti-cernes concealer and the famous touche éclat as an under eye highlighter) I'm excited that there is now another amazing product to throw into the mix.  Touche Éclat Foundation.

The reason that touche éclat is so renown as a concealer is its light reflecting properties.  In its twenty years on the market it is one of the most recommended and sold beauty products.  The new foundation, Le Teint Touche Éclat, uses the same light reflecting technology to make skin appear flawless and luminous.  Apparently, the skin scientists over at YSL have been working on this technology for 10 years now.  Ten. Whole. Years. That's a long time to spend perfecting a base.  But it was worth the wait.  The new foundation has just launched in the U.S.  In fact, I could not find it on the YSL Beauty's U.S. site yet.  I actually only have it already because I stopped by the YSL counter at Saks this weekend to replace my cure-all concealer, anti-cernes in #1.  The sales woman showed me her secret supply of Le Teint Touche Éclat which she had gotten in the day before.  There wasn't even a display for the new product yet.  I feel very in the know.  And did I mention I'm loving it.  It goes on light, which is perfect for the summer heat but makes my skiing dewy and all around perfect looking.  I'm officially a fan.  According to WWD, the product should be in all American retail outlets by the end of July so keep an eye out!

Jourdan Dunn and Ginta Lapina for Le Teint Touche Éclat

(images via WWD)

Buy Touche Éclat highlighter and other YSL products at YSL Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment