Monday, September 24, 2012

The Emmy Awards: Red Carpet

I was so excited to watch the Emmy Awards last night, especially because I feel like it signals the beginning of fall television.  Yes, some shows have already started, but all my favorites that I can't live without start this week (ahem, Modern Family & Revenge).  I was also so excited that Modern Family won best comedy again! And while I was excited that Julie Bowen and Eric Stonestreet won Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy awards, I was a little bummed for the rest of my Modern Family cast (also did you see the bit they did where the cast was featured on set, scared of Lily because she's such a terror?!? Genius!).  I also really enjoyed Jimmy Kimmel's hosting and some of the antics that went on (Tracy Morgan lying "unconscious" on stage for so long that I forgot he was there, hilarious!).  Oh, and so glad that Julia Louis-Dreyfus won Best Actress in a Comedy for Veep, which if you haven't seen is hilarious.  She really is amazing!

But, what really matters about the awards if the Red Carpet.  Here are my favorites plus some trends, drum roll please....

Dark burgundy/reds had a big moment last night and I'm loving this for fall!

Julia Louis-Dreyfus looked perfect in this Vera Wang dress


Tina Fey in Vivienne Westwood and Kat Dennings in J. Mendel (hello ladies!)

Orange and neon yellow were also huge last night.  I love that some ladies really took some risks with color. 


Ginnifer Goodwin & Padma Lakshmi in Monique Lhullier (and I'm obsessed with how perfectly Ginnifer's Louboutin's match her dress!)



Love Leslie Mann in Naeem Khan; I'm not so crazy about this Lanvin dress on Claire Danes, it did not look right at some angles, but she is pregnant and I do love the color and how it draped in the back so I'm letting her have this one.  


Not crazy about the high waist on this Christian Dior Couture skirt on Julianne Moore, but she looks lovely in this color with her hair; Julie Bowen in Monique Lhuillier 

There were also some gorgeous blues on the Red Carpet


Heidi Klum looked retro sexy in Alexandre Vaulthier Couture and Julianne Hough in Georges Hobeika Couture


Sofia Vergara looked amazing in Zuhair Murad and while I love Hayden Panetierre's Marchesa gown (straight off the Spring/Summer 2013 runway) I did think it looked a tad mature.  Maybe if her hair hadn't been in that severe bun...


Zooey Deschanel looks so great in Reem Acra; Keith Urban & Nicole Kidman wearing Antonio Berardi

Here are some of my other favorites...


Emily Vancamp looks amazing in J. Mendel and I'm obsessed with her Van Cleef & Arpels bow bracelet.  I also love January Jones's Zac Posen dress.  I'm not a huge fan of her or her styling but that dress is insane!


Edie Falco's body looks amazing in Stella McCartney; Allison Williams looks like perfection in a green Oscar de la Renta with peplum detail.  

(images via The Huffington Post)









No comments:

Post a Comment