Friday, September 14, 2012

Things I Love ... New York Fashion Week

New York Fashion Week is officially over (London starts today!) and I've loved watching almost all of the shows.  It's amazing to see all the craftsmanship designers put into their work but it's also fun to see trends start to form.  Here are just a few of the trends that caught my eye.

I was initially surprised that for spring I was seeing so many looks that were black and white.  While color did become rampant during the week, many designers still featured looks in classic black and white, whether as entire looks in each color, patterns, or styled together.

Jason Wu & Lela Rose


Marc Jacobs & Oscar de la Renta


Rachel Zoe & Michael Kors

I also started seeing lots of stripes.  Some of this was mixed in with classic Americana and some was just plain bold! 


Marc Jacobs


Oscar de la Renta & Tommy Hilfiger



 

Michael Kors & Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti

 

Jenni Kayne & Kate Spade

Finally, I saw tons of lingerie influences with sheer fabrics and techniques to create sexy illusions.


Jason Wu & Jill Stuart


Cushnie et Ochs & Pamella Roland


Alexander Wang


Victoria Beckham & Reem Acra


(images via Style.com and Women's Wear Daily)


No comments:

Post a Comment