Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Lovely in Lace

One of my favorite things to see during the resort shows was lots of lace.  I think lace can be the most feminine and elegant  fabric and I love to see when it's used in a non-traditional way to look modern and chic.  I also love that while some of the lace dresses I loved were clearly for evening, many designers are incorporating lace for daywear.  While some dresses were covered in laces of all shapes and patterns, some looks just featured lace details.  A variety of colors helped to make the lace look playful and versatile. 

Here are some of my favorite looks.  Can't wait to purchase lots of lace during resort! 

Monique Lhuillier

Rachel Roy... also noticing so much yellow

Carolina Herrera... lace detail

Alberta Ferretti... love the mix of colors

Bottega Veneta
Oscar de la Renta
Chanel


Erdem... one of my favorites, and lace is a staple of his!

More Jason Wu

Naeem Khan

Stella McCartney... more yellow...

Reem Acra

Marchesa... obsessed with this! So gorgeous!

Marchesa, loving this amazing peplum!
(images via Style.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment