Thursday, June 14, 2012

Seeing Stripes

I am obsessed with stripes.  I probably wear stripes at least once a week.  If a shirt or dress is striped, I'm in.  No questions asked.  To me a striped t-shirt is the essence of casual chic.  It's very preppy New Englander or effortless French girl (both of which describe my ideal style).  It's easy but still put-together.  A striped t with jeans and flats is my go to outfit no matter the season.  But stripes especially feel right for summer.  It's nautical and beachy, making me think of the Breton stripped marinere shirts that were famously worn by sailors on the coast of France in Brittany.  While classic black and white or navy and white combos are great, I'll take stripes in every shade and size.  While stripes have been a big trend for a few seasons now, I like to think they will always be a closet staple of mine.

Here are some of favorite striped looks...

Alessandra Ambrosio


Minnie Mortimer

Tory Burch

Ashley Olsen

Olivia Palermo

James Dean


Lauren Santo Domingo


Olivia Palermo

Altuzarra for J.Crew... in my closet, obviously. 

via Tommy Ton

My latest J. Crew purchase

(images via 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, and Instagram)



No comments:

Post a Comment