Friday, June 15, 2012

Things I Love ... Bethenny Frankel

This week has been a little depressing for me.  At the beginning of the week my idol, Bethenny Frankel, debuted her talk show.  And it does not air in Atlanta.  I am distraught.  To make matters worse, her new talk show is being tested for six weeks in a few cities on Fox.  And Dallas is one of them.  I've been trying to keep it together by watching clips that Bethenny is posting on her new show site and YouTube page.  But I'm just hoping with all my might that her show is uber successful (how could it not be, everyone loves her) and gets picked up for a season that I can watch in Atlanta every single day.

But her new talk show aside, I do love me some Bethenny Frankel.

I've been watching Bethenny since she was on the Real Housewives of New York and am completely obsessed with her spinoff shows, Bethenny Getting Married? and Bethenny Ever After.  In fact, I'm trying not to freak out about that fact that if the talk show continues I may not get to be a voyeur into Bethenny's private life through Bravo.  Watching Bethenny on Bravo and reading her motivational book, A Place of Yes, has been very inspirational for me.  She's someone that came from a far from perfect upbringing and through all of her trials and tribulations she's has finally succeeded.  I love that she's still a work in progress too and not afraid to admit it.  On her show she openly discusses her problems and lets viewers in on her therapy sessions.  It's extremely real and never sugarcoated and I respect it tremendously.  She has truly made me realize that if you have immense problems you can overcome them and be everything you dreamed of and more.  Which she has most definitely accomplished.  Her Skinnygirl empire includes her health books, health foods and cleanses, shape wear, a new fiction novel and of course her alcohol line.  By partnering with Jim Beam she's making more than margaritas, selling everything from flavored vodkas, wines and continuing to come out with new low-calorie mixed drinks.

Did I mention she's also hilarious.  Her sense of humor is definitely not for everyone because she can be brutally blunt but she constantly keeps me in stitches.

All in all, Bethenny is truly someone I love.  If you're lucky enough to be in a city where her show is airing, watch it and then tell me all about it.  For more info on Bethenny's talk show go to BethennyTv.com and for more on Bethenny and her empire visit her site.

I met Bethenny last year at a signing in Dallas, at a liquor store of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment