Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Stranded on an Island

Earlier I was flipping through the current Architectural Digest and began drooling over a picture of Arie and Coco Kopelman's kitchen in their Nantucket home (Arie is the former president of Chanel and they are Drew Barrymore's new in-laws).  While looking at why I love this kitchen, I realized I have an obsession for kitchen islands.  My kitchen pinboard is replete with islands, usually with chic barstools and white marble countertops.  As someone who enjoys cooking, especially baking where a lot of space is often required, the extra counterspace that an island brings is much appreciated.  It's also a great way to store extra kitchen equipment.  For that dream house I keep mentioning, a large island is definitely a must.

Here are some of my favorites...

The Kopelman's kitchen.  I love the space for the stools to be tucked in, not to mention the French bistro style bar stools.  Obsessed. 

Love the larger stool


Loving the details on this one!

Bistro stools again! And I love the different levels, so great! 

So HUGE!

Obsessed with this entire kitchen.  The detail on the cabinets and the lamps are perfection. 


So much storage, love the open shelving on the side. 

(images via 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)

No comments:

Post a Comment