Friday, June 29, 2012

Things I Love ... Bows

This week I talked about a few of my favorite feminine fashion pieces: lace and pink.  To complete the list of girly things I love, I have to talk about bows.  A good bow can make everything better.  Now granted, bows can be hard to pull off.  If not done right, they can look way too girly... so girly that you actually feel like a little girl in an Easter dress.  But in my opinion, done right, a bow can be the perfect touch femininity.  It can also be a great statement piece.  But a little bow here and there make things light and fun.

Here are several bows that I love...


Valentino, swoon.

Sofia Coppola


Oscar de la Renta Resort 2013



Dior Spring 2012 Couture

Dior Resort 2012

Dior Spring 2012 Couture 
Kate Spade Jillian dress... in my closet. 

Charlize Theron in Christian Dior

Giambattista Valli Resort 2013

Burberry Prosum Fall 2012

And the biggest statement of all...

Christina Ricci in Thakoon at the Met Gala this year


(images via 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)

2 comments:

  1. I did a recent post on bows -- specifically, the return of the hair bow! Love your blog. I'm from Texas also. Do you like the program at SCAD? I'm at UT right now but would love to look into something like that post-college!

    Best,
    Molly @ http://www.bridgetsowndiary.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Molly! I love my SCAD program, I'd love to tell you more about it if you're interested. I had a lot of friends at UT, hope you're enjoying it!

      Jessica

      Delete