Monday, July 2, 2012

Summer Reading

In the summertime, I like to read a lot, whether it's on my patio in the afternoon or by the pool.  It's not to have something not to heavy to read that's an escape and fun.  Some might call it "chick lit."  What can I say, I'm a fan.  This summer I'm trying to catch up on my reading.  I have three fun reads that I want to get through (along with some deeper reads like re-reading Gatsby and a Chanel biography or two).  I want to do a lot of reading before school starts up again because often times I get so busy that I get months behind on basic fashion magazines (which are basically essential reading for my program).

My fun reads for the summer include a biography and two fiction novels, all by reality celebrities.  I'm currently finishing up Most Talkative, the biography of Andy Cohen, Bravo producer, creator of The Real Housewives and host of Watch What Happens: Live.  I actually picked up my copy at a book signing he did at SCAD a few weeks ago.  He even signed my book and took a picture with me and a friend.

The next read is Bethenny Frankel's new book, her first foray into fiction.  Entitled Skinnydipping, it looks to be a fictionalized tale of Frankel's life.  Girl in L.A. who moves to New York and finds herself on a reality show.  I've already told you of my love for Bethenny and am excited to start reading it.

Lastly, one that I am very excited for, is Lauren Conrad's new fiction book, The Fame Game.  I tore through Conrad's last series, L.A. Candy as fast as I could.  Literally waiting for each book to be published.  The first three books are a fictionalized account of what I like to think actually happened on The Hills.  Southern California girl and her best friend go on a reality show and one of the girls is fame hunger and crazy!  There's lots of drama that unfolds for her on and off camera.  This new book is supposed to be the beginning of a series based on the fame hungry character.  I'm very excited.

So that's what I'll be reading by the pool, and you?

Meeting Andy Cohen at SCAD Atlanta

My signed book!

Summer reading stack

No comments:

Post a Comment