Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Classic Couture

I realize I've been a little fashion heavy but it's hard when Resort and Couture overlap... I just get so excited about new looks that I have to share! So to finish up (I promise! Until Fashion Week...but you've got until September for to be bombarded again, I swear!) I want to show a few more of my favorite couture looks from Paris.  Mainly, I just want to show two of my perpetual favorite designers, no matter the season: Chanel and Valentino.  Truly, what more could a girl need.  Both of these brands are classic and timeless, with flattering silhouettes no matter the girl or the decade.  But both can also be extremely feminine, edgy and sexy while delivering some of the most stunning details.

At Chanel, Karl Lagerfeld try to create a "new vintage" by using more traditional silhouettes and plenty of tweed but revitalizing the classics for modern day.  However, the tweed wasn't just fabric, it was all carefully hand-crafted embroidery.  This detail was not limited to tweeds, but was used in every look.  At Valentino, Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pier Paolo Piccioli also used classic staples from the brand mixed with extraordinary details while creating a newer, edgier feel that was more dark romanticism than airy and light.

So here are my absolute favorite, enjoy!

Chanel Haute Couture Fall/Winter 2012







The most amazing wedding dress moment, crafted with white feathers

Valentino Haute Couture Fall/Winter 2012






OBSESSED with this lace detail!
(images via Style.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment