Thursday, July 5, 2012

Cooling Off

Bally is truly a luxury brand.  One that I don't think gets enough recognition from people.  It's definitely not as edgy or trendy as other luxury brands have become, but that's one of the reasons I like Bally so much.  They know who they are and they don't stray from that.  Bally was founded in 1851 in Switzerland as a shoe maker and their reputation for quality shoes has spanned over 150 years.

Lately, I have been obsessed with Bally's advertising campaigns.  The Spring/Summer campaign was fun and laid back and the new Fall/Winter campaign features the same relax sensibility while being completely chic.  Photographed by Norman Jean Roy and starring Caroline Trentini and Hilary Rhoda at the Chalet D'Adrien in the Swiss Alps, these ads are making me long for cool winter weather in the mountains.  Especially when it's so hot outside with no chance of cooling down for months.  So whenever I'm feeling heatstroke coming on, I'll think of these ads and visualize riding through the snow-capped mountains while trying to conjure up cooler temperatures.










(images via Bally's Pinterest page)

No comments:

Post a Comment