Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Petit Dejeuner

One of my favorite design inspirations to collect are breakfast nooks.  I love a big kitchen with a cozy banquette or alcove where people can gather and sit for hours.  But this photo has really caught my attention.  It's not a big kitchen, it's actually a very small space but it looks so warm and cozy. With the banquette filled with pillows and the slightly smaller round table.  And I would have never thought to put larger arm chairs on the opposite side.  It makes the space look so homey and lived in. I especially love the big windows with the amazing view.  Oh, and the amazing shelving.  I would love to have an apartment with a space like this before I upgrade to a big kitchen in a house someday.  A girl can dream...


(image via Lonny)

No comments:

Post a Comment