Monday, August 6, 2012

Dreaming of Fall

I had a great time at the beach this weekend - lots of sand and fun, a maybe little too much sun (I got burned the first day, but at least it's starting to turn golden now).  My impromptu trip was the perfect ending to summer.  But then I realized, it's not nearly the end of summer.  Bummer.

Reasons why I hate August....

It should be the end of summer, but instead its hot.  Like really hot.  And it has no chance of cooling off anytime soon.  Also, by August all my favorite stores are receiving fall trends and selling boots, sweaters and coats (oh my!).  This inevitably makes me crave fall clothes.  So I buy them, and then can't wear them until maybe the end of September, maybe.  If we're lucky, and I don't mind being a little too warm.  Hence, I hate August.

Also, while everyone else is going back to school already, I still have over a month.  Which should be nice, but I'm excited to start back up.  I can't wait for my friends to be back in town and to be busy with projects.  I am a little anxious that I'll end up being too busy, but I'll deal with that train when we get to the station.

So for now, I'll be dreaming of brisk fall temperatures and lots of sweaters.  Here's to hoping summer ends soon!





(images via 1, 2, 3, 4)

No comments:

Post a Comment