Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Under the Big Top

I saw this amazing canopy bed this morning on Pinterest and it got me thinking that maybe canopies can be for grown ups too.  When I was a little girl, my room was all pink and white and I had a canopy.    I think there is something very whimsical about being a little girl and having a canopy, it makes you feel like a Disney princess or a fairy tale character.  But because it's so whimsical, I sometimes think it can feel a like inappropriate after a certain age.  It's very tricky to have a canopy that still feels grown up and sophisticated.  I think the real key is to not do something traditional.  For instance, a lot of height, curtains only or just relegated to over the headboard, can make a canopy more elegant and less girly.  But it's still my favorite choice for a little girl's room too.

This is beyond amazing! Love the height!





(images via 1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

No comments:

Post a Comment